Redesigning the Sales Process to Optimize Margins
- To increase sales and margin by 3%.
- Three different Sales/Distribution channels.
- To install a unique way of selling and measuring success in each channel.
Industrial Commercial Channel
- Implemented a telemarketing campaign which saw sales leads grow by 550%.
- Increased sales by 4% and margin by 3%.
- Implemented a measurement system for the National sales Director and the Regional Sales Directors which measured not only performance by sales and margin but also by key indicators in the process.
- Developed a sales funnel approach to selling. Trained sales reps to understand what is going in the top of the funnel, what the conversion rate is for the sale and what is the average dollar value per sale coming out of the bottom of the funnel.
- Client became the number one supplier in the Canadian marketplace for the first time in their history.
Consumer Product Channel
- Increased sales and margin by over 3%.
- Implemented an in store data collection and action plans for merchandisers at the “A” customers locations which saw the “merchandised to plan” percentage increase by 40%.
- Drove the competitor’s shelf position at the main customer’s sites down to less than half of the initial position.
The Client Experience:
“Our decision to undertake a project with Carpedia was based on the unique promise of implemented results. At this point in time, your team has delivered more than the promised financial impact as well as a management team behavior change which should ensure the continued improvement of our organization.”
President, Osram Sylvania Ltd.