Enhancing Organizational Effectiveness Through Process Improvement
Morneau Shepell’s Occupational Health Services division was looking to enhance their effectiveness and manage their cost without any disruption to their client base in this highly service and knowledge based environment. In recent months leading up to the project, the OHS division underwent significant changes to their service delivery model. These changes, although managed, caused their client’s minor inconveniences and the organization was committed not to allow this to occur again.
In addition to embarking on an organizational effectiveness project, the current IS platform was undergoing a major upgrade during the same exact time frame. The project was focused on improvements to their organization under a strict charter to include: no delays in the IS platform upgrade, no overlap in benefits/improvements to the IS platform upgrade, and absolutely no
disruption to their client base.
- The overall revenue per FTE has improved 24%.
- Case Manager productivity increased by 28%.
- Unnecessary and duplicate communication between clients and Case Managers were eliminated, improving the customer experience.
- Communication templates were created and standardized increasing individual productivity and improving the quality of communication.
- Case notes were streamlined reducing unnecessary documentation.
- A report rationalization exercise was conducted to reduce the number of tracking tools and reports as well as ensuring the proper information was available to leaders.
- Individual rogue tools developed were incorporated into the corporate IS platform.
The Client Experience:
“The Carpedia methodology applied to our Disability Management practice, and the project discipline that was used, resulted in a number of improvements which have culminated in significant savings and an overall very successful project. Given our virtual environment I was also impressed with their flexibility to apply their process to meet our needs, and also maintain their focus with the other projects that were also being completed simultaneously. With their leadership, we stayed focused and the project met all of the timelines and ran very smoothly from start to finish.”
Senior Vice President, Morneau Shepell